VCA Animal Hospitals Job Listings
VCA Veterinary Referral & Emergency Center Credentialed Veterinary Technicians
We are seeking experienced Credentialed Veterinary Technicians to join our dynamic team at our 24/7 Emergency and Referral Center hospital on swing and overnight shifts.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care—with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen. These positions are swing and night shift positions. Full and Part Time
Why We Need You
As a member of the VCA team, your mission will be to win the confidence of every pet parent—by delivering an outstanding client experience—so they will partner with us for the lifelong care of their companion animals.
You’ve worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to:
• catheter placement
• anesthesia monitoring
• physical examinations and patient assessment
• surgical preparation and assistance
• laboratory work
• ICU and Patient Monitoring
• patient recovery
• compassionate care for our hospitalized patients and more
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills—and even learn some new techniques—and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
• We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, and more!
VCA Delaware Valley Animal Hospital, located in Langhorne, Pa. is currently seeking a full time, experienced veterinary technician. Successful candidates must be available to work a combination of days, evenings, and Saturdays and have experience in all basic tech skills, as well as assisting in surgery. The person we hire will be a team player who is highly committed to their profession and willing to work in all areas of the hospital as needed. We offer a competitive starting salary, paid holidays,and medical/dental/vision benefits. Qualified applicants should forward their resumes to the hospital manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
VCA Pahle Animal Hospital has an opportunity available for an experienced full time Certified Veterinary Technician to join our friendly, AAHA-accredited practice in West Allis, WI.
Our ideal candidate practices high quality veterinary medicine and patient care with the experience and technical know-how. They are a devoted team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and is invested in their colleagues’ success.
Your teaching and marketing skills will also come into play, as you educate clients on the value of preventative veterinary care. Perhaps the greatest asset you can contribute to our team is your emotional intelligence.
We offer a competitive compensation and great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts, continuing education and more!
Please apply online at vcajobs.com for this position. Please, no phone calls.
West Allis, WI
VCA Northview Animal Hospital Specialty Referral Center (www.vcanorthview.com) is seeking a F/T experienced Veterinary Technician to join our AAHA accredited animal hospital in the Avian/Exotic Animal Medicine department. We are a thriving general medicine and multi-specialty hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic team and expand your knowledge while working in an exciting new and exclusive department! The successful candidate will share our passion for medicine, while being dedicated to creating and maintaining a healthy work environment.
We are looking for a team member who is willing to work hard while using critical thinking skills to help create an excellent workplace, and provide top notch care for our patients and clients. The qualified candidate must be credentialed or credential-eligible, and have extensive clinical experience as an avian/exotic animal veterinary technician. The position requires a flexible schedule and the ability to work some weekends and evenings. As a member of the team you will play an integral role in the growth and marketing of the department while working alongside the doctor and management team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Appropriately restrain and handle patients to include mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians
- Venipuncture and catheter placement
- Assist doctor with diagnostic procedures
- Patient care including treatments
- Admit and discharge patients
- Inducing and monitoring anesthesia for minor procedures and surgery
- Proficiency in laboratory techniques
- Equipment use and maintenance
- Operating room preparation
- Prepare prescriptions and communicate discharge orders to clients
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assist with accurate and timely electronic medical record keeping
- Client education
- Cleaning, stocking and organization of the treatment area, wards, and procedure area
- Cleaning, packing and sterilizing surgery instruments
- Assist with marketing and development of department to include but not limited to visits to referring veterinarians, participation in offered CE events, participation in local exhibits/shows specific to avian and exotic animals.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload and employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools. You will sharpen your skills, and even learn some new techniques, and explore career options that only we can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
Signing Bonus! CVT=$500/Veterinarian Assistant $250
We offer competitive compensation, along with a comprehensive benefits package including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401K, uniforms, generous employee pet discounts and more!
VCA Paradise Valley Emergency Animal Hospital is seeking a compassionate individual with experience as a veterinary technician to work OVERNIGHTS at our well-established, AAHA-accredited, emergency practice in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Our Paradise Valley Emergency location is a tight group of very talented and compassionate people. We are looking for someone who is a team player but can also work independently. Must possess excellent problem solving skills and maintain a professional attitude.
Are you hard working and caring and looking to grow your skills in the Veterinary field? Then we want to speak to you.
Applicant does not have to hold experience in emergency but must have:
•Excellent communication skills
•Excellent time management skills
•Be level headed
•Punctual and reliable
•Possesses excellent venipuncture skills (i.e. place IV catheters and draw blood)
•Knowledge of radiography
Candidates must also be able to triage, obtain vital signs, monitor anesthesia, and lift up to 50lbs.
Why join VCA? As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are: competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
Come join our team of amazing technicians and doctors!
Please note: We are only hiring for Thursday, Friday, Saturday overnights (8pm-8am) at this time.
At VCA, we know that we couldn’t have grown into the company we are today without all of our hardworking, talented employees! We value all our employees and we want you to stick around! Career growth and professional development is important, so we want to provide you with opportunities to take on new and exciting roles within VCA!
Take a look at the new openings and apply to those that you feel suit you best! Thanks for interest in continuing your career with VCA!
Vetco Animal Hospital is a long-established, small animal practice in Tabernacle, New Jersey—located within close proximity to Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore.
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
Vetco Animal Hospital is a well-established, single doctor practice in Tabernacle, New Jersey.
• Catheter placement
• Anesthesia monitoring
• Physical examinations and patient assessment
• Surgical preparation and assisting
• Laboratory work
• Patient recovery
• Compassionate care for hospitalized patients
• Must have documented previous experience
• Must have surgery experience
• Flexibility in hours including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays
• Customer service skills
• Working knowledge of computers
• Excellent communications skills
• Capable of being cross-trained as receptionist and kennel assistant
• Team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).